Jobs at brightbeam
The Digital Content & Platforms (DCP) Intern will support the day-to-day digital media work across brightbeam platforms and social media networks. The ideal candidate will have a background in copyediting, as well as experience in assisting creating content across a variety of media—including blogging, audio and video, and social media. This person is passionate about the need for improving public education, and optimistic that we can make a difference with thoughtful and effective communications.
The DCP Intern reports to the Director of Digital Content and Platforms during their time with brightbeam.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the daily management of brightbeam media publishing
- Assist in the production and promotion of weekly broadcast shows
- Write compelling social copy to promote the work of brightbeam activists and columnists
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Technology in place to work remotely, as this is not covered by brightbeam
- Official higher education transcript
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (Detail oriented)
- Basic knowledge of WordPress publishing
- Able to quickly copy edit and publish clear, concise and accurate content
All internships at brightbeam receive compensation and typically run 10-12 weeks.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. Our top priority is finding the best candidate for the job and if you are interested in the position, we would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.