Jobs at brightbeam
Brightbeam is hiring. See below for our active job listings and instructions on how to apply.
The Director of Development is responsible for creating and implementing a comprehensive development plan consistent with the short- and long-term goals established by the CEO, Chief Growth Officer, and the brightbeam Board of Directors. The Director of Development also provides essential development strategy, grants management, and leadership expertise while working collaboratively with the brightbeam Leadership Team.
This individual utilizes existing relationships, extensive knowledge of development strategy, good judgment, discretion, and superior organizational skills to acquire new funding opportunities and continue to renew the current brightbeam donor base. The ideal Director of Development will be able to work across the organization to coordinate on fundraising strategies and in collaboration with the other brightbeam teams and staff members to put our best foot forward in garnering support for our work.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain a healthy pipeline of prospective donors and conduct ongoing relationship-building communication with them
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit major donors to grow our major donor base
- Produces a development strategic plan, along with input from the brightbeam Leadership Team, for the next 3 -5 years which includes annual timelines of 3, 6, 9, and 12 months looking forward
- Lead grant-seeking research, proposal writing, reporting requirements, and monitor progress to goals in fundraising database and tracking system
- Orchestrates annual donor giving program #GivingTuesday
- Coordinate fundraising events and capital campaigns
- Creates and manages organizational systems for tracking grants through a program management software, i.e., Asana or another product
- Works closely and effectively with the CGO and CEO to keep them well informed of development updates
- In short, leads and executes on all aspects of the development workstream
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- A proven track record of successfully soliciting gifts from a range of philanthropic partners
- Superior understanding of principles of sound grant procedures and practices
- Experience with corporate philanthropy and personal donations as a means of giving
- Ability to manage several development projects at once and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Fluxx, SmartSimple and other fundraising platforms as well as the Google Suite of tools for creating shared materials, and an ability to create tracking mechanisms for fundraising goals and progress
- Experience motivating board members in the fundraising strategy
- Experience working virtually a plus, but not necessary
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls
- Excellent attention to detail, communication, interpersonal, time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality, discretion and professionalism
- Exceptional writing, grammar, proofreading and editing abilities
- Strong desire and ability to collaborate and work closely with others
- Must embrace the mission of brightbeam
The full-time salary range for Director roles is between $90,000 – $120,000, with exact salary depending on experience and new staff rarely starting at the top of the range. We also offer excellent benefits, including an additional 3% employer contribution to your retirement fund with no match required.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. Our top priority is finding the best candidate for the job and if you are interested in the position, we would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.